Residential & Commercial Window Tinting in Gaithersburg Md
Window tinting is the application of a thin, transparent layer of material to a window. The most common form of window tinting is heat-absorbing or reflective solar control film applied to the surface of the glass.
Residential Tint Gaithersburg can be clear or colored. Clear tints are used primarily for decoration, privacy, and UV protection. Decorative window film is often made from vinyl and can be printed with custom graphics, such as logos and lettering. Privacy window film prevents passers-by from seeing inside your home or business by blocking out light from the outside.
Solar control window films reduce energy costs by reducing heat gain through windows and by reflecting heat that does enter back out through the glass. They also protect interiors from fading caused by sunlight exposure and make a room more comfortable by reducing glare and improving visibility.
Commercial Window Tinting
Commercial Tint Gaithersburg is a type of window film that is applied to the outside of commercial buildings. This allows the business to control light, heat, and glare coming into the building. It also makes the building more energy efficient and cuts down on energy costs.
Commercial window tinting can be used on many different types of buildings, including stores and restaurants. Many people are surprised by how much they can save with commercial window tinting. For example, if your store uses 50 percent of its electricity to maintain the right temperature, you could reduce your energy bill by 25 percent or more with commercial window tinting.
Commercial Tint Gaithersburg can come in a variety of shades, depending on what you’re looking for. The most popular are:
- 50% light filtration – This level of tint blocks out 50% of the sunlight. It’s ideal for buildings that receive a lot of direct sunlight throughout the day or if you just want to keep your interior cooler during hot summer days.
- 20% light filtration – This level blocks out 20% of the sunlight and provides both privacy and some heat reduction benefits. This is a good choice if you’re looking for a little more privacy than 50% but still want some sun protection.
- 10% light filtration – 10% isn’t designed to block out all sunlight, but it provides some UV protection and privacy from outside passersby. This level of tint is often used in high-rise buildings where people need protection from high levels of direct sunlight as well as privacy from outside views into their offices or apartments.
Residential Window Tinting
Residential Tint Gaithersburg is a great way to add privacy and style to your home. Window tinting can also reduce glare, heat, and UV rays that enter your home. Tinting your windows can help prevent fading of furniture and carpets by blocking out damaging ultraviolet rays.
Windows are often the most overlooked area in your home when it comes to energy efficiency. Unfortunately, they are one of the biggest sources of heat loss in most homes. Residential window tinting can help keep your family comfortable during the winter months and reduce energy bills during the summer months by up to 35%.
Window film is also ideal for homes with kids because it blocks out 99% of sun rays that cause fading on furniture, carpet, and other belongings within your home. Window film also reduces glare from sunlight, so you don’t have to squint when reading or watching TV.
Residential Tint Gaithersburg can come in a variety of shades, depending on what you’re looking for. The most popular are:
- 35% light filtration – If you’re worried about privacy but need to be able to see outside of your home easily (think: dog walkers or delivery people), this may be the perfect percentage for you! This shade offers more privacy than 20% but still allows for great visibility.
- 15% light filtration – This percentage is a great choice for those who want some protection but still want to see outside easily. It also offers more privacy than 5%, making it a popular option among homeowners who don’t want their neighbors peeking into their homes.
- 5% light filtration – This percentage is the lightest legal tint available in most states and offers the least amount of heat reduction. It’s a good choice if you want to be able to see out of your window well, but not much else.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Residential Or Commercial Window Tint
If you’re going to have window tint installed in your home or business, you need to choose the right one. Window tint comes in a variety of colors and shades, and each has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. So, what should you look for when choosing the best commercial and residential tint in Gaithersburg for your home or business?
There are several factors to consider when choosing residential and commercial Tint Gaithersburg:
- Look for a high-quality product.
- Choose the right color.
- Find out how it affects UV rays.
- Find out if it’s fire-resistant.
- Check if it’s energy efficient and blocks heat transfer.
- Make sure it has an outstanding warranty policy: If it doesn’t come with a warranty, avoid buying it at all costs!
- Always opt for safety glass.
- How will it affect my resale value?
- The location where the window film will be applied.
- The visibility of the window film from inside and outside the building.
- The color of the building’s exterior and interior walls.
- The type of glass used in the windows and doors (single-pane, double-pane, tempered, etc.)
- The type of insulation in the walls and ceiling (closed-cell spray foam insulation is recommended).
For consumers looking for an alternative to regular window coverings, tinted window films with Ceramic Coating Gaithersburg are a viable option. If you’re considering adding tinting to your home or business, reach out to a local window film expert like us today! We’ll be more than happy to help you get what you need!